Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 review-The idea of the one-per-desk mono laser printer returns an excellent 15 years and also in that time they have actually got smaller sized, quicker, far better high quality as well as considerably less expensive. The most up to date generation from Canon consists of the i-SENSYS LBP3100, which is a cool, ice-white device, regarding the dimension of 2 large white loaves established side-by-side. Fortunately, the printer is a great deal smarter than two loaves, however also much less ideal for making Marmite toast.
The LBP3100‘s performance measured up to the quoted rate, producing 25 copies of our A4 letter in one minute and also 33 seconds, which is equivalent to 16.1 ppm. Graphics-heavy documents took a few secs longer to begin printing, but once they got going the web pages showed up just as swiftly. Maybe the most effective feature of this printer is its rapid start-up times. It produced a print just 16 secs from the moment we turned it on. On standby it consumes just 1W, as well as takes 9 secs to power up and print a text paper.
Publish high quality improves the high standards set by Canon’s previous budget laser printer, the LBP2900B. Black text was dark, sharp and also smooth, and also a little bolder compared to from the LBP2900. We located that extremely little typefaces such as 5pt weren’t rather as clear, yet at 8pt, clarity was partially better. At 10pt as well as above both printers’ message output was equivalent.
Greyscales were extremely smooth for a mono laser printer. Mid-tones were abundant as well as detailed, as well as it produced smoother block-colour greys than the LBP2900. The only trouble we identified was in our business graphics test, where yellow text on a blue history appeared as black on dark grey. Nevertheless, switching from the Criterion to Internet Pages high quality establishing repaired the issue. This is a little surprising, as the Criterion setup is suggested to be “finest matched for originals consisting of message, image images and graphics”, yet it’s a sensible workaround nevertheless.
It’s disappointing that running expenses are as high as some inkjet printers, but if you need crisp message prints at a fast price, after that the LBP3100 is a superb choice.
Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 Specifications
- Rating ****
- Maximum native print resolution 600x600dpi
- Maximum enhanced print resolution 2,400x600dpi
- Quoted speed, mono A4 16ppm
- Quoted warm-up time 0s
- Quoted time to first page, mono 9s
- Mono page from sleep time 1.0 9s
- Letter, time to first page 1.0 9s
- 25-page mono document – total time 00:01:33
- Time for 24 pages mixed greyscale 1.0 1m 33s
- Time for two greyscale 10x8in photos 1.1 15s
- Time for six greyscale 6x4in photos 1.0 20s
Physical and Environmental
- Standard printer interfaces USB Hi-Speed
- Optional printer interfaces 10/100 Ethernet with Axis 1650 Print Server
- Size 197x372x250mm
- Weight 5.9kg
- Noise (in normal use) 50dB(A)
- Duty cycle 5,000
- Power consumption standby 0W
- Power consumption idle 1W
- Power consumption active 785W
- Maximum paper size A4/legal, custom length up to 356mm
- Maximum paper weight 163gsm
- Standard paper inputs 2
- Standard paper input capacity 151
- Maximum paper inputs 2
- Maximum paper input capacity 151
- Output tray capacity 100 sheets
- Duplex (code, cost if option) No
- Printer technology mono laser
- Language(s) host-based
- Supported operating systems Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Mac OS X 10.3.9 to 10.5.x, Linux
- Standard printer memory 2MB
- Maximum printer memory 2MB
- Other laser features and options none
- Price £84
- Price per mono A4 page 2.36p
- Price of 2nd paper cassette N/A
- Capacity of supplied black toner 1,500 pages
- Capacity of supplied drum(s) Replaced with toner
- Estimated mono TCO – three years light £155
- Estimated mono TCO – three years medium £544
- Estimated mono TCO – three years heavy £2634
- Warranty one year RTB
- Supplier http://www.oyyy.co.uk
- Details www.canon.co.uk
Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 Software & Driver Setup
Procedure 1: Driver Setup of Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 via Free Download
Through this procedure, the setup of Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 is performed with a so-called Automatic Wizard as you eliminate CD,
However you have to;
- Provide Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 software file or its driver setup, which you can download from the link below.
- Have USB cable is essential for its function to connect both the printer device and the computer. USB cable is available in the printer box.
Afterward, pay attention toward the steps below to setup Canon PIXMA I-SENSYS LBP3100
- Switch ON both Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 and your computer.
- Only if it is requested, you can connect the USB cable of PIXMA I-SENSYS
- You can download the setup file, then install it anytime you want it by considering the step-by-step of the setup.
- Done with the setup, now you can pair Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 USB cable with your computer. The wizard then will proceed the USB cable to ensure that both devices are properly connected. Another step-by-step for the setup will appear.
- You have to follow the setup instructions to complete the setup.
- Finish with the setup, Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 is ready to use.
Procedure 2: To Setup Manually Canon PIXMA I-SENSYS LBP3100
Determine this procedure, “Add a printer” function that is an inbuilt feature of Windows is necessary.
Things to do:
- Download Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 software file, if you don’t have on your system. Rest assured, the link is available below.
- You need Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 USB cable to proceed the set up.
- Switch ON both Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 and your computer.
- Connect both devices above with Canon PIXMA USB cable
- Prior the setup, you have to extract the downloaded file that is stored in TEMP folder.
- If your device operating system is XP, hit Fax and Printer” section. However, if you use Vista or Windows 7, find Control Panel, then hit “View Devices and Printer”.
- Move your mouse, then hit “Add a printer” feature.
- Keep in mind that you only give the path to the aforesaid feature, only if the feature is customized and ready.
- The instruction will pop-up, to complete the set up, you need only to follow the instructions.
- You finish the installation, Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 will proceed your command smoothly.
Procedure 3: To Setup Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 via Software CD
The setting up of Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 with Automatic Wizard/Software CD
Ensure You Have:
- DVD/CD drive should be installed on your computer.
- Check your printer package to find Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 software CD.
- You need the USB cable that you can find within the package.
Comply the below mentioned instructions to finish Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 setup with Software CD.
- Make sure that your devices PIXMA I-SENSYS LBP3100 , and computer are ON.
- Before, it’s requested, connecting both devices using Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 are not allowed.
- Infix the Software CD of Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 to the computer DVD/CD drive. Follow the step-by-step instructions which are necessary for the setup.
- You can connect now the USB Cable of your printer Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 to your computer, when you are instructed to.
- It takes some time until PIXMA I-SENSYS LBP3100 USB cable is detected by your computer. Instructions for the installation will appear afterward, you have to execute each step to complete the installation.
- At the moment the installation is complete, you can print with your Canon PIXMA I-SENSYS LBP3100 , immediately.
Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 Operating System Compatibility:
Windows7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
Driver & Software Download For Canon PIXMA
Canonsuppotdriver.com provide a download link for Canon I-SENSYS LBP3100 Series publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|Canon i-SENSYS LBP3100 CAPT Printer Driver For [Windows 7/8/8.1/10/Vista/XP/Server 2008/Server 2008 R2/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2 [64-bit]||Download|
|Canon i-SENSYS LBP3100 CAPT Printer Driver For [Windows 7/8/8.1/10/Vista/XP/2000/Server 2008 [32-bit]||Download|
|Canon i-SENSYS LBP3100 CAPT Printer Driver & Utilities for Macintosh [Mac OS : 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12]||Download|
|Canon i-SENSYS LBP3100 Printer Driver for Mac OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6||Download|
|Canon i-SENSYS LBP3100 User Guide||Download|
|Canon i-SENSYS LBP3100 For Linux||Download|