With a big 500 sheet paper tray included along with a huge 100 sheet multi-purpose tray, the Canon Photo copier ImageClass MF6550 could huge, yet is constructed for a consistent, office level paper stream that is excellent for the small business. Decent print speeds and a complete line print, scan, copy, and fax features make this device a fascinating option for the office.
The paper dealing with capacities of the Canon Photo copier ImageClass MF6550, with its supply 600 sheet capacity, is additionally expanding, allowing an extra paper tray to be included, bringing the unit’s total storage space ability as much as 1,100 sheets.
The duplexing features of the unit are very hassle-free for a variety of applications as well as, though a built in duplexor significantly raises the preliminary expense of a system such as this, automatic dual sided printing could be an invaluable tool for producing special looking result and also decreasing paper use by as high as half.
Other very unique duplicate features consisted of bind kind duplexing, 2 to 2/book mode, and also a calendar feature, in addition to the conventional 2 to 1 and also 1 to 2 attributes. The record glass is also exceptionally large in measures a complete 14 in. long x 8.5 in. Pre programmed decrease as well as augmentation ratios include 50, 64, 78, 129, and 200%, and the 1% increment controls are also intact.
Though the Canon Copier ImageClass MF6550 holds a lot of paper, its regular monthly duty cycle is very frustrating for a maker that is allegedly built for high volume. With a maximum month-to-month task of 15,000 sheets, this equipment would certainly be better suited as an individual, desktop computer system for somebody with high printing needs, in contrast to those of an entire office.
The unit’s print speed flights the line with an extremely typical 23 pages each min. This warm rate is tough to classify as a professional or con, but eventually it is the rate of the system itself that demands more power. Other semi sub-par attributes include the extremely limited duplicate speed and also zoom proportions of 50% – 200%. While these specifications ought to function great for some, they are still much more limited than those of various other brands’ on the marketplace.
The scanning functions of the tool are amazingly limited, with an optical check resolution of just 600 x 600 dots each inch. Color depth is also just 24 bit, as opposed to many devices’ 48 little bit common. Improved scans could be reconstructed to 9600 x 9600 dots per inch, but interpolated scans such as this are very time consuming.
Canon I-SENSYS MF6550 Specification
- Machine type Mono Laser All-in-One
- Available Functions Print, Copy and Scan
- Print speed Up to 22 ppm (A4)
- Printing method Monochrome laser beam printing
- Print quality Up to 1200 x 600 dpi with Automatic Image Refinement
- Print Resolution 600 x 600 dpi
- Double sided printing Automatic
- Printer languages UFRII-LT
- Print margins 2.9 mm-top, 4.7 mm-bottom, 3.6 mm-left and 2.7 mm-right
- Toner saver mode Yes
- Copy Speed Up to 22 cpm (A4)
- First Copy Output Time (FCOT) Approx. 8 seconds or less
- Copy resolution Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Copy modes Text, Text/Photo, Photo
- Double sided copying 2-sided to 2-sided (Automatic)
- Multiple Copy Up to 99 copies
- Reduction / Enlargement 50-200% in 1% increments
- Toner saver mode Yes
- Other Features Frame Erase, Collate, 2 on 1
- Type Colour
- Scan resolution Optical: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Enhanced: Up to 9600 x 9600 dpi
- Colour Scanning Depth 24 bit/24 bit (input/output)
- Greyscales 256 levels
- Compatibility TWAIN, WIA
- Max. scan width 216 mm
- Scanner Type Flatbed and Duplex Automatic Document Feeder (DADF)
- Paper input (Standard) 500-sheet cassette
- 100-sheet multi-purpose tray
- 50-sheet DADF
- Paper Input (Option) 500-sheet cassette
- Paper output 100-sheet
- Media types Plain paper, Recycled paper, Heavy paper, Transparency, Label, Envelope
- Media sizes Cassette and optional pedestal:
- A4, Legal, LetterMulti-purpose tray:
- A4, A5, B5, Legal, Letter, Executive, Envelope (Monarch, COM10, DL, ISO-C5, ISO-B5),Custom sizes: Width 76.2 to 215.9 mm; Length 127.0 to 355.6 mm.DADF:
- One-sided scanning: A4, A5, Legal, Letter, Custom sizes ( W x L): Max 215.9 mm x 355.6 mm Min. 128 mm x 139.7 mm) Two-sided scanning: A4, Legal, Letter
- Media weights Cassette and optional cassette: : 64 to 90 g/mÂ²
- Multi-purpose tray: 56 to 128 g/mÂ²
- DADF: One-sided scanning: 50 to 128 g/mÂ², Two-sided scanning: 64 to 90 g/mÂ²
INTERFACE & SOFTWARE
- Interface type USB 2.0 Hi-speed
- Operating System compatibility Windows 98/ Me/ 2000/ XP/ Vista
- Mac OS X version 10.2.8-10.5.xÂ¹ Â²
- Software and printer management Omni Page SE, Presto! Page Manager, MF toolbox, Department ID Management
- Duty Cycle Max. 15,000 pages per month
- Warm-up Time Approx. 13.5 seconds or less from power on
- Memory 64 MB (shared)
- Control panel 16 characters x 2 lines LCD
- Dimensions with trays (W x D x H) 520 mm x 457 mm x 453 mm
- Installation space (W x D x H) 827 mm x 784 mm x 1095 mm (with optional Cassette Feeding Unit-M1 attached)
- Weight Approx 23.7 Kg
- Operating Environment Temperature: 15 to 30ÂºC (58 to 86ÂºF)
- Humidity: 10 to 80% RH (no condensation)
- Power source 220-240 V (Â±10%), 50/60 Hz (Â±2 Hz)
- Power Consumption Maximum: Approx.860 W
- Standby: Approx. 20 W
- Sleep mode: Approx. Less than 5 W
- Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC): 1.512 kWh/week
- Noise Levels Sound PressureÂ¹
- Active: 66 dB(A) or less
- Standby: 43 dB(A) or less
- Cartridges Cartridge 706 (5,000 pagesÂ¹)
Canon I-SENSYS MF6550 Software & Driver Setup
Procedure 1: Driver Setup of Canon I-SENSYS MF6550via Free Download
Through this procedure, the setup of Canon I-SENSYS MF6550 is performed with a so-called Automatic Wizard as you eliminate CD,
However you have to;
- Provide Canon I-SENSYS MF6550software file or its driver setup, which you can download from the link below.
- Have USB cable is essential for its function to connect both the printer device and the computer. USB cable is available in the printer box.
Afterward, pay attention toward the steps below to setup Canon PIXMA I-SENSYS MFMF6550
- Switch ON both Canon I-SENSYS MF6550and your computer.
- Only if it is requested, you can connect the USB cable of PIXMA I-SENSYS
- You can download the setup file, then install it anytime you want it by considering the step-by-step of the setup.
- Done with the setup, now you can pair Canon I-SENSYS MF6550USB cable with your computer. The wizard then will proceed the USB cable to ensure that both devices are properly connected. Another step-by-step for the setup will appear.
- You have to follow the setup instructions to complete the setup.
- Finish with the setup, Canon I-SENSYS MF6550is ready to use.
Procedure 2: To Setup Manually Canon PIXMA I-SENSYS MF6550
Determine this procedure, “Add a printer” function that is an inbuilt feature of Windows is necessary.
Things to do:
- Download Canon I-SENSYS MF6550software file, if you don’t have on your system. Rest assured, the link is available below.
- You need Canon I-SENSYS MF6550USB cable to proceed the set up.
- Switch ON both Canon I-SENSYS MF6550and your computer.
- Connect both devices above with Canon PIXMA USB cable
- Prior the setup, you have to extract the downloaded file that is stored in TEMP folder.
- If your device operating system is XP, hit Fax and Printer” section. However, if you use Vista or Windows 7, find Control Panel, then hit “View Devices and Printer”.
- Move your mouse, then hit “Add a printer” feature.
- Keep in mind that you only give the path to the aforesaid feature, only if the feature is customized and ready.
- The instruction will pop-up, to complete the set up, you need only to follow the instructions.
- You finish the installation, Canon I-SENSYS MF6550will proceed your command smoothly.
Procedure 3: To Setup Canon I-SENSYS MF6550via Software CD
The setting up of Canon I-SENSYS MF6550with Automatic Wizard/Software CD
Ensure You Have:
- DVD/CD drive should be installed on your computer.
- Check your printer package to find Canon I-SENSYS MF6550software CD.
- You need the USB cable that you can find within the package.
Comply the below mentioned instructions to finish Canon I-SENSYS MF6550setup with Software CD.
- Make sure that your devices PIXMA I-SENSYS MF6550, and computer are ON.
- Before, it’s requested, connecting both devices using Canon I-SENSYS MF6550are not allowed.
- Infix the Software CD of Canon I-SENSYS MF6550to the computer DVD/CD drive. Follow the step-by-step instructions which are necessary for the setup.
- You can connect now the USB Cable of your printer Canon I-SENSYS MF6550to your computer, when you are instructed to.
- It takes some time until PIXMA I-SENSYS MF6550 USB cable is detected by your computer. Instructions for the installation will appear afterward, you have to execute each step to complete the installation.
- At the moment the installation is complete, you can print with your Canon PIXMA I-SENSYS MF6550, immediately.
Canon I-SENSYS MF6550Operating System Compatibility:
Windows7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
Driver & Software Download For Canon PIXMA
Canonsuppotdriver.com provide a download link for Canon I-SENSYS MF6550Series publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.