Canon i-SENSYS MF8040Cn Review-The suggestion of adding a flatbed scanner and Automatic File Feeder (ADF) to a colour printer to make an organisation multifunction printer remains to obtain even more preferred as well as Canon’s i-SENSYS MF8040Cn is developed for small company or smaller workgroups in larger companies.
This is rather a neat multifunction, very little bigger than the A4 flatbed scanner which rests on top of it. It’s quite deep, though, as the in-line, colour laser engine runs the paper from front to back, leaving onto the top of the printer area, where there’s a cut-out next to the control board, so you could fetch documents easily.
The control panel itself, though busy, is well laid out, with a fax dial-up pad to the right, along with the copy controls. In the centre is a five-line, backlit LCD present, with the 3 primary mode keys for Replicate, Fax as well as Check behind and also a navigating ring in front. To the left are fax and also copy-related features and also the first five of the quick-dial numbers. Raise this area of the panel approximately disclose 19 more quick-dials, a cool method of executing dual-function switches.
There’s a front panel USB outlet just below the control board which could take a USB drive, however it’s limited to saving scanned pictures as PDF data as well as cannot take care of walk-up printing. This is the second multifunction printer we’ve considered recently with this constraint, which needlessly restricts these otherwise beneficial USB sockets.
This is a fully networked, multifunction device, developed for printing and also copying in a workplace setting, yet it has a solitary 150-sheet paper tray without any way of adding a second, though there is a single-sheet multi-purpose port. Do we presume Canon’s focus groups all claimed ‘150-sheets will be great, as we have a limitless stream of job experience students, whose prime job is loading the trays on our multifunction printers’?
- Device: printer/scanner/copier;
- Print type: color;
- Print technology: laser;
- Accommodation: table;
- Field of application: small office;
- Number of pages per month: 30000;
- Maximum format: A4;
- Number of colors: 4;
- Maximum resolution b/W printing: 600×600 dpi;
- The maximum resolution for color printing: 600×600 dpi;
- Print speed: 12 ppm (monochrome A4), 8 ppm (color. A4);
- Warm-up time: 30;
- The time when the first fingerprint: 22 c (h/b), 28.50 c (W image.);
- Scanner type: tablet/plangent;
- The maximum size of the original: A4;
- Maximum scan size: 216×356 mm;
- Color depth: 24-bit;
- Shades of gray: 256;
- Scanner resolution: 600×600 dpi;
- Scanner resolution (enhanced): 9600×9600 dpi;
- Autofeed originals: unilateral;
- The capacity of the device ADF originals: 50 sheets;
- Standards support: TWAIN, WIA;
- Maximum resolution copier (h/b): 600×600 dpi;
- Maximum resolution copier (W image.): 600×600 dpi;
- Copy speed: 12 ppm (monochrome A4), 8 ppm (color. A4);
- The first copy out time: 22.5 with;
- Change the scale: 25-400 %;
- Step zoom: 1 %;
- The maximum number of copies per cycle: 99;
- Paper: 151 sheet. (standard);
- Paper output: 125 sheet. (standard);
- Capacity tray: 1 sheet.;
- Paper weight: 60-220 g/m2;
- Printing on:: card stock, transparencies, labels, glossy paper, envelopes, matte paper;
- Resource color cartridge/toner: 1500 pages;
- Resource h/b cartridge/toner: 2,300 pages;
- Number of cartridges: 4;
- Type of cartridge/toner: Cartridge 716 black Cartridge 716 Cyan (blue), Cartridge 716 Magenta (purple), Cartridge 716 yellow;
- Memory: 128 MB;
- Interfaces: Ethernet (RJ-45), USB 2.0;
- Direct printing: yes;
Fonts and languages
- Support PostScript: no;
- OS support: Windows, Linux, Mac OS;
- Display information: LCD panel;
- Power consumption (in operation): 900 W;
- Power consumption (in standby mode): 15 W;
- Noise at work: 47 dB;
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 430x429x484 mm;
- Weight: 26 kg;
Canon I-SENSYS MF8040CN Software & Driver Setup
Procedure 1: Driver Setup of Canon I-SENSYS MF8040CNvia Free Download
Through this procedure, the setup of Canon I-SENSYS MF8040CN is performed with a so-called Automatic Wizard as you eliminate CD,
However you have to;
- Provide Canon I-SENSYS MF8040CNsoftware file or its driver setup, which you can download from the link below.
- Have USB cable is essential for its function to connect both the printer device and the computer. USB cable is available in the printer box.
Afterward, pay attention toward the steps below to setup Canon PIXMA I-SENSYS MFMF8040CN
- Switch ON both Canon I-SENSYS MF8040CNand your computer.
- Only if it is requested, you can connect the USB cable of PIXMA I-SENSYS
- You can download the setup file, then install it anytime you want it by considering the step-by-step of the setup.
- Done with the setup, now you can pair Canon I-SENSYS MF8040CNUSB cable with your computer. The wizard then will proceed the USB cable to ensure that both devices are properly connected. Another step-by-step for the setup will appear.
- You have to follow the setup instructions to complete the setup.
- Finish with the setup, Canon I-SENSYS MF8040CNis ready to use.
Procedure 2: To Setup Manually Canon PIXMA I-SENSYS MF8040CN
Determine this procedure, “Add a printer” function that is an inbuilt feature of Windows is necessary.
Things to do:
- Download Canon I-SENSYS MF8040CNsoftware file, if you don’t have on your system. Rest assured, the link is available below.
- You need Canon I-SENSYS MF8040CNUSB cable to proceed the set up.
- Switch ON both Canon I-SENSYS MF8040CNand your computer.
- Connect both devices above with Canon PIXMA USB cable
- Prior the setup, you have to extract the downloaded file that is stored in TEMP folder.
- If your device operating system is XP, hit Fax and Printer” section. However, if you use Vista or Windows 7, find Control Panel, then hit “View Devices and Printer”.
- Move your mouse, then hit “Add a printer” feature.
- Keep in mind that you only give the path to the aforesaid feature, only if the feature is customized and ready.
- The instruction will pop-up, to complete the set up, you need only to follow the instructions.
- You finish the installation, Canon I-SENSYS MF8040CNwill proceed your command smoothly.
Procedure 3: To Setup Canon I-SENSYS MF8040CNvia Software CD
The setting up of Canon I-SENSYS MF8040CNwith Automatic Wizard/Software CD
Ensure You Have:
- DVD/CD drive should be installed on your computer.
- Check your printer package to find Canon I-SENSYS MF8040CNsoftware CD.
- You need the USB cable that you can find within the package.
Comply the below mentioned instructions to finish Canon I-SENSYS MF8040CNsetup with Software CD.
- Make sure that your devices PIXMA I-SENSYS MF8040CN, and computer are ON.
- Before, it’s requested, connecting both devices using Canon I-SENSYS MF8040CNare not allowed.
- Infix the Software CD of Canon I-SENSYS MF8040CNto the computer DVD/CD drive. Follow the step-by-step instructions which are necessary for the setup.
- You can connect now the USB Cable of your printer Canon I-SENSYS MF8040CNto your computer, when you are instructed to.
- It takes some time until PIXMA I-SENSYS MF8040CN USB cable is detected by your computer. Instructions for the installation will appear afterward, you have to execute each step to complete the installation.
- At the moment the installation is complete, you can print with your Canon PIXMA I-SENSYS MF8040CN, immediately.
Canon I-SENSYS MF8040CNOperating System Compatibility:
Windows7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
Driver & Software Download For Canon PIXMA
Canonsuppotdriver.com provide a download link for Canon I-SENSYS MF8040CNSeries publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.