Model imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i / 8595i / 8505i: Copy, Scan, Print at 85, 95 and 105 ppm respectively.
The third generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE builds on Canon’s powerful and proven technology to further optimize the user experience and streamline business workflow.
The third generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE offers exceptional value in the following areas:
Workflow efficiency. Designed to help save time and resources by boosting productivity with streamlined workflow and intuitive ease of use. Design new touch control panel with new features and larger size. When authentication is enabled, users can access the “My ADVANCE” option to create a personalized experience tailored to their frequently used display preferences, settings and functions.
Cost Administration. It offers tools to better identify areas of document management and printing costs. With advanced standard authentication across all Third Generation image models, ADVANCE, companies can manage printing costs by controlling user access. The new model is also compatible with uniFLOW, a complete and scalable software solution for device management, cost management printing and intelligent scanning solutions.
Security A range of standard and optional security features are available to help protect sensitive information. The third generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE now includes a hard drive encryption feature (HDD) that automatically encrypts data stored on the main unit’s hard drive to limit access to confidential data and prevent information leakage.
Device management and entire fleet. The advanced functionality of Third Generation ADVANCE contributes to the efficient management of all fleets to help optimize the functions of the IT Department and maximize their productivity.
Quality and Reliability Designed with durability, quality and service that characterize Canon equipment. “
Quality and Reliability Designed with durability, quality and serviceability that characterize Canon equipment.
Sustainability With features that help reduce waste, low energy consumption technologies and the use of biologically based plastics, the Third Generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE is designed to help customers achieve their sustainability goals. The new imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8500/6500 series are Energy Star® and EPEAT® Gold certified. 1
1Energy Star and EPEAT are registered trademarks.
imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i Specifications
imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i
- TYPE Monochrome Laser Multifunctional
- CORE FUNCTIONS Standard: Print, Copy, Scan, Send, Store
- Optional: Fax
- PROCESSOR Canon Dual Custom Processor (Shared)
- CONTROL PANEL Standard: 10.1″ TFT LCD WSVGA Color Flat-panel
- MEMORY 3.0 GB RAM
- HARD DISK DRIVE Standard: 250 GB
- Maximum: 1 TB
- MIRRORING HARD DISK DRIVE Optional (250 GB, 1 TB), Method: Raid1
- INTERFACE CONNECTION Network: 1000Base-T/100Base-TX/10Base-T, Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n)
- Standard: USB 2.0 x2 (Host), USB 3.0 x1 (Host), USB 2.0 x1 (Device)
- Optional: Serial Interface, Copy Control Interface
- PAPER CAPACITY (LTR, 20LB BOND) Standard: 4,200 Sheets
- Maximum: 7,700 Sheets
- PAPER SOURCES (LTR, 20LB BOND) Standard: Standard: Dual 1,500-sheet Paper Drawers, Dual 550-sheet Paper Cassettes, 100-sheet Stack Bypass
- Optional: 3,500-sheet Paper Deck (POD DECK LITE-C1 or PAPER DECK UNIT-E1)
- PAPER OUTPUT CAPACITY (LTR, 20LB BOND) With External Finishers (-V1): 3,500 Sheets
- With External Finishers (-X1): 4,250 Sheets
- With External Finishers (-W1 PRO): 5,000 Sheets
- FINISHING CAPABILITIES With External Finishers: Collate, Group, Offset, Staple, Staple On Demand, Staple-free Staple, Booklet, Booklet Trimming, Hole Punch, Professional Hole Punch, Document Insertion, Folding (C, Z, Half, Accordion Z, Double-parallel)
- SUPPORTED MEDIA TYPES Paper Drawers (1/2): Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Heavy, Pre-punched, Letterhead, Bond
- Paper Cassettes (3/4): Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Heavy, Pre-punched, Letterhead, Bond, Tab1
- Stack Bypass: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Heavy, Pre-punched, Bond, Transparency, Labels, Letterhead, Tab, Tracing2
- POD DECK LITE-C1: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Heavy, Pre-punched, Letterhead, Bond, Transparency, Labels, Tab
- PAPER DECK UNIT-E1: Thin, Plain, Recycled, Color, Heavy, Pre-punched, Letterhead, Bond
- SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES Paper Drawers (1/2): Letter
- Paper Cassettes (3/4): 13″ x 19″, 12-5/8″ x 17-11/16″, 12″ x 18″, 11″ x 17″, Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Executive, Statement-R, Custom Size (5-1/2″ x 7-1/8″ to 13″ x 19-1/4″)
- Stack Bypass: 13″ x 19″, 12-5/8″ x 17-11/16″, 12″ x 18″, 11″ x 17″, Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Executive, Statement-R, Custom Size (4 x 5-7/8″ to 13″ x 19-1/4″), Free Size (4″ x 7-1/4″ to 13″ x 19-1/4″)
- POD DECK LITE-C1: 13″ x 19″, 12-5/8″ x 17-11/16″, 12″ x 18″, 11″ x 17″, Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Executive, Statement-R, Custom Size (5-1/2″ x 7-1/8″ to 13″ x 19-1/4″
- PAPER DECK UNIT-E1: Letter
- SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHTS Paper Decks/ Cassettes: 14 lb. Bond to 80 lb. Cover (52 to 220 g/m2 )
- Stack Bypass: 14 lb. Bond to 140 lb. Index (52 to 256 g/m2 )
- Duplexing: 14 lb. Bond to 80 lb. Cover (52 to 220 g/m2 )
- WARM-UP TIME3 From Power On: 60 Seconds or Less
- From Sleep Mode: 60 Seconds or Less
- DIMENSIONS (W X D X H) 26-3/8″ x 30-5/8″ x 48″ (670 mm x 779 mm x 1220 mm)
- INSTALLATION SPACE (WXD) Fully Configured: 161-3/8″ x 63-5/8″ (4098 mm x 1617 mm) (POD DECK LITE-C1 + BOOKLET FINISHER-W1 PRO + DOCUMENT INSERTION UNIT-N1 + PAPER FOLDING UNIT-J1 + BOOKLET TRIMMER-D1)
- WEIGHT Approx. 520.3 lb. (237 kg)4
- PRINT SPEED Up to 85 ppm (Letter)
- Up to 67 ppm (Letter-R)
- Up to 57 ppm (Legal)
- Up to 43 ppm (11″ x 17″)
- PRINT RESOLUTION 1200 dpi x 1200 dpi, 600 dpi x 600 dpi
- STANDARD PAGE DESCRIPTION LANGUAGES UFR II, PCL 6, Adobe, PS 3
- DIRECT PRINT Available from USB, Advanced Box, Remote UI, and Web Access5
- SUPPORTED FILE TYPES PDF, TIFF, JPEG, EPS,6 XPS
- PRINTING FROM MOBILE AND CLOUD A range of software and MEAP-based solutions are available to provide printing from mobile devices or Internet-connected devices and cloud-based services depending on your requirements.
- FONTS PCL fonts: 93 Roman, 10 Bitmap fonts, 2 OCR fonts, Andalé Mono WT J/K/S/T (Japanese, Korean, Simplified and Traditional Chinese)7
- PS fonts: 136 Roman
- OPERATING SYSTEM8 UFRII: Server 2008/Windows 7/Server 2008 R2/Windows 8/Server 2012/Windows 8.1/Server 2012 R2/Windows 10, MAC OS X (10.5.8 or later)
- PCL: Server 2008/Windows 7/Server 2008 R2/Windows 8/Server 2012/Windows 8.1/Server 2012 R2/Windows 10
- PS: Server 2008/Windows 7/Server 2008 R2/Windows 8/Server 2012/Windows 8.1/Server 2012 R2/Windows 10, MAC OS X (10.5.8 or later)
- PRINT FEATURES Suspend Job Timeout, Subset Finishing (PS only), Profile Settings, Secured Print, Watermark, Page Border, Header/Footer, Page Layout, Two-sided Printing, Collating, Booklet Printing, Grouping, Mixed Paper Sizes/ Orientations, Offsetting, Printing on Transparencies, Front/Back Covers, Toner Reduction, Poster Printing
- COPY SPEED Up to 85 ppm (Letter)
- Up to 67 ppm (Letter-R)
- Up to 57 ppm (Legal)
- Up to 43 ppm (11″ x 17″)
- FIRST-COPY-OUT-TIME As Fast as 2.7 Seconds
- COPY RESOLUTION Reading: 600 dpi x 600 dpi
- Printing: 1200 dpi x 1200 dpi
- MULTIPLE COPIES Up to 9,999 copies
- COPY EXPOSURE Automatic or Manual (9 Levels)
- MAGNIFICATION 25%-400% (1% Increments)
- PRESET REDUCTIONS 25%, 50%, 64%, 73%, 78%
- PRESET ENLARGEMENTS 121%, 129%, 200%, 400%
- BASIC COPY FEATURES Preset Reduction/Enlargement Ratios by Area, Paper Setting, Previous Settings, Favorite Settings, Finishing, Two-Sided, Density Adjustment, Original Type Selection, Interrupt Mode, Setting Confirmation/Cancel
- SPECIAL COPY FEATURES Book to Two Pages, Two-sided Original, Finishing, Booklet, Job Build, N on 1, Add Cover, Insert Sheets, Different Size Originals, Density Adjustment, Original Type Selection, Transparency Cover Sheets, Page Numbering, Copy Set Numbering, Sharpness, Erase Frame, Secure Watermark, Print Date, Shift, Gutter, Print & Check, Negative/Positive, Repeat Images, Merge Job Blocks, Job Done Notice, Mirror Image, Print on Tab, Store in Mail Box, Superimpose Image, Cascade Copy, Copy ID Card, Detect Feeder Multi Sheet Feed, Free Size Original
- TYPE Color Platen and Single-pass Duplexing Automatic Document Feeder
- DOCUMENT FEEDER PAPER CAPACITY 300 Sheets (20 lb. Bond)
- DOCUMENT FEEDER SUPPORTED MEDIA SIZES 11″ x 17″, Legal, Letter, Letter-R, Statement, Statement-R
- DOCUMENT FEEDER SUPPORTED MEDIA WEIGHT BW Original: 13 lb. Bond to 80 lb. Cover (50 to 220 g/m2)
- CL Original: 17 lb. Bond to 80 lb. Cover (64 to 220 g/m2)
- PLATEN ACCEPTABLE ORIGINALS Sheet, Book, 3-Dimensional Objects [Up to 4.4 lb. (2 kg)]
- PULL SCAN Color Network ScanGear2 for both Twain and WIA Supported OS: Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10Windows Server 2003/Server 2003 R2/Server 2008/Server 2008 R2/ Server 2012/Server 2012 R2
- SCAN RESOLUTION 600 x 600 dpi, 400 x 400 dpi, 300 x 300 dpi, 200 x 400 dpi, 200 x 200 dpi, 200 x 100 dpi, 150 x 150 dpi, 100 x 100dpi
- SCAN TO MOBILE DEVICES AND CLOUD-BASED SERVICES A range of solutions is available to provide scanning to mobile devices or and cloud-based services depending on your requirements.
- SCAN SPEED (LETTER) Single-sided Scanning (BW): 120 ipm (300 dpi)/120 ipm (600 dpi)
- Single-sided Scanning (Color): 120 ipm (300 dpi)/60 ipm (600 dpi)
- Double-sided Scanning (BW): 240 ipm (300 dpi)/150 ipm (600 dpi)
- Double-sided Scanning (Color): 220 ipm (300 dpi)/60 ipm (600 dpi)
- DESTINATION E-mail/Internet Fax (SMTP), SMB, FTP, WebDAV, Mail Box, Super G3 Fax (Optional), IP Fax (Optional)
- COLOR MODE Automatic-Color Select (Full Color/Grayscale), Automatic-Color Select(Full Color/Black-and-White), Full color, Grayscale, and Black-and-White
- ADDRESS BOOK LDAP (2,000)/Local (1,600)/Speed dial (200)
- SEND RESOLUTION 600 x 600 dpi, 400 x 400 dpi, 300 x 300 dpi, 200 x 400 dpi, 200 x 200 dpi,200 x 100 dpi, 150 x 150 dpi, 100 x 100dpi
- COMMUICATION PROTOCOL File: FTP, SMB, WebDAV
- E-mail/I-Fax: SMTP, POP3, I-Fax (Simple, Full)
- FILE FORMAT Standard: TIFF, JPEG, PDF (Compact, Searchable, Apply policy, Optimize for Web, PDF A/1-b), XPS (Compact, Searchable), Office Open XML (PowerPoint, Word)
- Optional: PDF (Trace & Smooth, Encrypted), PDF/XPS (Digital Signature)
- UNIVERSAL SEND FEATURES Original Type Selection,Two-sided Original, Book to Two Pages, Different-size Originals, Density Adjustment, Sharpness, Copy Ratio, Erase Frame, Job Build, Sender’s Name (TTI), Select Line, Direct Send, Delayed Send, Preview, Finished Stamp, Job Done Notice, File Name, Subject/Message, Reply-to, E-mail Priority, TX Report, Original Content Orientation, Skip Blank Originals, Detect Feeder Multi Sheet Feed.
FAX SPECIFICATIONS (OPTIONAL)
- MAXIMUM NUMBER OF LINES 4
- MODEM SPEED Super G3: 33.6 kbps
- G3: 14.4 kbps
- COMPRESSION METHOD MH, MR, MMR, JBIG
- RESOLUTION 400 x 400 dpi, 200 x 400 dpi, 200 x 200 dpi, 200 x 100 dpi
- SENDING / RECORDING SIZE Statement-R to 11″ x 17
- FAX MEMORY Up to 30,000 pages
- SPEED DIALS Max. 200
- GROUP DIALS / DESTINATIONS Max. 199 dials
- SEQUENTIAL BROADCAST Max. 256 addresses
- MEMORY BACKUP Yes
- FAX FEATURES Original Type Selection, Two-sided Original, Book to Two Pages, Different-size Originals, Density for Scanning, Sharpness, Copy Ratio, Erase Frame, Job Build, Specifying the Sender’s Name (when sending fax), Sender’s Name (TTI), Selecting the Telephone Line (when sending fax), Direct Send, Delayed Send, Preview, Finished Stamp, Job Done Notice, TX Report, Detect Feeder Multi Sheet Feed.
- MAIL BOX (NUMBER SUPPORTED) 100 User In-boxes, 1 Memory RX In-box, 50 Confidential Fax In-boxes, 30,000 Maximum Pages Stored
- ADVANCED BOX Communication Protocol: SMB or WebDAV
- Supported Client PC: Windows (Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10)
- Concurrent Connections (Max.): SMB: 64 WebDAV: 3 (Active Sessions)
- ADVANCED BOX AVAILABLE DISC SPACE Approx. 16GB (Standard HDD)
- Approx. 480GB (Optional 1TB HDD)
- ADVANCED BOX FEATURES Disabling Advanced Box, Storage Filtering, Authentication for Advanced Box Log-in, Search Function, Sort Function, Printing a PDF File with a Password, imageWARE Secure Audit Manager Support
- MEMORY MEDIA Standard: USB
- AUTHENTICATION Standard: Universal Login Manager, User Authentication, Department ID Authentication, (Device and Function Level Log-in), Access Management System
- Optional: uniFLOW
- DATA Standard: Trusted Platform Module (TPM), Hard Disk Password Lock, Hard Disk Drive Erase, Mail Box Password Protection, Hard Disk Drive Encryption (FIPS140-2 Validated)
- Optional: Hard Disk Drive Mirroring, Hard Disk Drive removal, IEEE 2600.2 Common Criteria Certification, Data Loss Prevention (Requires uniFLOW)
- NETWORK Standard: IP/Mac Address Filtering, IPsec, TLS Encrypted Communication, SNMP V3.0, IEEE 802.1X, IPv6, SMTP Authentication, POP Authentication before SMTP
- DOCUMENT Standard: Secure Print, Adobe LiveCycle® Rights Management ES2.5 Integration
- Optional: Encrypted PDF, Encrypted Secure Print, User and Device signatures, Secure Watermarks, Document Scan locking
- OPERATING ENVIRONMENT Temperature: 50 to 86 ºF
- Humidity: 20 to 80 % RH (no condensation)
- POWER REQUIREMENTS 120-127 V AC, 60 Hz, 16 A
- PLUG (MAIN UNIT) NEMA 5-20P
- POWER CONSUMPTION Maximum: Approx. 2.1 KW
- Standby: Approx. 239 Wh
- Energy Saver Mode: Approx. 202 Wh
- Sleep Mode: Approx. 0.9 W or less9
- Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC) Rating: 9.0 kWh
- STANDARDS ENERGY STAR
- Certified Rated EPEAT
- Gold10 EU RoHS Compliant
- TONER GPR-37 Black Toner
- TONER YIELD (ESTIMATED @ 6% COVERAGE) 70,000 pages
Canon ImageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i Operating System Compatibility:
Windows7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
Canon User Software is a complete driver package This package includes all printer and scanner drivers for the supported devices. To enhance the user experience, a new install navigator is included in this package that provides step by step installation instructions. 119 MB DOWNLOAD
UFRII Printer Driver v21.80 Setup Installer Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1/Windows 10/Server 2008/Server 2008 R2/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2 x64 23.5 MB DOWNLOAD
UFRII Printer Driver v21.80 Setup Installer Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1/Windows 10/Server 2008 x32. 21.2 MB DOWNLOAD
Driver and Software Downloads Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i for Mac OS X
Driver Compatibility OS File Size
UFRII v10.11.0 Printer Driver Mac OS X supports; Intel: Mac OS X v10.6.8 to Mac OS X v10.12. Added support for (Sierra) 66.8 MB DOWNLOAD
PS v4.9.0 Printer Driver Mac OS X supports; Intel Mac OS X v10.6.8 to Mac OS X v10.12. Added support for (Sierra) 43.8 MB DOWNLOAD
Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i Software & Driver Setup
Procedure 1: Driver Setup of Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i via Free Download
Through this procedure, the setup of Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i is performed with a so-called Automatic Wizard as you eliminate CD,
However you have to;
- Provide Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i software file or its driver setup, which you can download from the link below.
- Have USB cable is essential for its function to connect both the printer device and the computer. USB cable is available in the printer box.
Afterward, pay attention toward the steps below to setup Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i
- Switch ON both Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i and your computer.
- Only if it is requested, you can connect the USB cable of Canon
- You can download the setup file, then install it anytime you want it by considering the step-by-step of the setup.
- Done with the setup, now you can pair Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i USB cable with your computer. The wizard then will proceed the USB cable to ensure that both devices are properly connected. Another step-by-step for the setup will appear.
- You have to follow the setup instructions to complete the setup.
- Finish with the setup, Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i is ready to use.
Procedure 2: To Setup Manually Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i
Determine this procedure, “Add a printer” function that is an inbuilt feature of Windows is necessary.
Things to do:
- Download Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i software file, if you don’t have on your system. Rest assured, the link is available below.
- You need Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i USB cable to proceed the set up.
- Switch ON both Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i and your computer.
- Connect both devices above with Canon USB cable
- Prior the setup, you have to extract the downloaded file that is stored in TEMP folder.
- If your device operating system is XP, hit Fax and Printer” section. However, if you use Vista or Windows 7, find Control Panel, then hit “View Devices and Printer”.
- Move your mouse, then hit “Add a printer” feature.
- Keep in mind that you only give the path to the aforesaid feature, only if the feature is customized and ready.
- The instruction will pop-up, to complete the set up, you need only to follow the instructions.
- You finish the installation, Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i will proceed your command smoothly.
Procedure 3: To Setup Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i Svia Software CD
The setting up of Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i with Automatic Wizard/Software CD
Ensure You Have:
- DVD/CD drive should be installed on your computer.
- Check your printer package to find Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i software CD.
- You need the USB cable that you can find within the package.
Comply the below mentioned instructions to finish Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i setup with Software CD.
- Make sure that your devices Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i , and computer are ON.
- Before, it’s requested, connecting both devices using Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i are not allowed.
- Infix the Software CD of Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i to the computer DVD/CD drive. Follow the step-by-step instructions which are necessary for the setup.
- You can connect now the USB Cable of your printer Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i to your computer, when you are instructed to.
- It takes some time until Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i USB cable is detected by your computer. Instructions for the installation will appear afterward, you have to execute each step to complete the installation.
- At the moment the installation is complete, you can print with your Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i , immediately.