The impression you obtain when you take the iP1200 out of the box, its “Damn, that thing’s clunky!” Honestly, I was quite dissatisfied with the unoriginal layout and colors Canon had made use of on its starter-level printer. But once the examinations began, you could not care much less if the thing looked like a mule’s behind, since the performance of the printer eliminates the remainder of the competition.
The PIXMA iP1200 is the present base design in Canon’s considerable line of printers.At a rate point of Rs 2,750 it’s an absolutely no-risk printer you can afford to get and also just dispose if anything begins to fail. The cartridge costs are a little bit high (Rs. 1,000 for black and Rs. 1,200 for color), but with its excellent print ability you will not be complaining.
In our tests, the printer downed out 220 web pages before the ink began showing indicators of wear and tear. That is not just around 80 pages much better than it’s closest rival (HP 3940), yet likewise better compared to printers that set you back twice as much. And that’s not all. Also at optimal quality, the iP1200 was more than two times as fast as the HP 3940, with the typical complete shade page at highest quality setups, printing in only 4 and a half minutes.
So it’s rapid and also it’s economical, however is it any good? Well, it’s kind of a variety below. Our color slope examination revealed us that the prints were quite accurate on the colors, and revealed marginal banding at the complex color blends. Yet the black levels turned out looking a little bit reddish. The trouble was no place as poor as the Epson CX3700, but the experienced eye would have the ability to spot this abnormality.
The detail levels recorded in the photo tests were pretty good. Absolutely not the kind that you would certainly get out of such a low-end printer. Even in the typeface examines the dimension 2 typefaces were easily legible by the nude eye. Looking up close (with a magnifying glass) the bigger font styles showed a slight amount of ink spilling. Yet that would not be visible unless you hold the paper really close as well as search for it. This did not exist in the arise from the HP 3940, which likewise did far better when managing intricate geometric details in our vector tests.
The lower line is that the Canon PIXMA iP1200 is a superb starter-level printer for all household requires. The downsides we stated will certainly not be trigger for problem if you are a laid-back user, and the favorable factors certainly surpass them. With a price point of Rs 2750, you seriously have nothing to lose.
Canon PIXMA IP1200 Software & Driver Setup
Procedure 1: Driver Setup of Canon PIXMA IP1200 via Free Download
Through this procedure, the setup of Canon PIXMA IP1200 is performed with a so-called Automatic Wizard as you eliminate CD,
However you have to;
- Provide Canon PIXMA IP1200 software file or its driver setup, which you can download from the link below.
- Have USB cable is essential for its function to connect both the printer device and the computer. USB cable is available in the printer box.
Afterward, pay attention toward the steps below to setup Canon PIXMA IP1200
- Switch ON both Canon PIXMA IP1200 and your computer.
- Only if it is requested, you can connect the USB cable of PIXMA IP1200.
- You can download the setup file, then install it anytime you want it by considering the step-by-step of the setup.
- Done with the setup, now you can pair Canon PIXMA IP1200 USB cable with your computer. The wizard then will proceed the USB cable to ensure that both devices are properly connected. Another step-by-step for the setup will appear.
- You have to follow the setup instructions to complete the setup.
- Finish with the setup, Canon PIXMA IP1200 is ready to use.
Procedure 2: To Setup Manually Canon PIXMA IP1200
Determine this procedure, “Add a printer” function that is an inbuilt feature of Windows is necessary.
Things to do:
- Download Canon PIXMA IP1200 software file, if you don’t have on your system. Rest assured, the link is available below.
- You need Canon PIXMA IP1200 USB cable to proceed the set up.
- Switch ON both Canon PIXMA IP1200 and your computer.
- Connect both devices above with Canon PIXMA USB cable
- Prior the setup, you have to extract the downloaded file that is stored in TEMP folder.
- If your device operating system is XP, hit “Fax and Printer” section. However, if you use Vista or Windows 7, find Control Panel, then hit “View Devices and Printer”.
- Move your mouse, then hit “Add a printer” feature.
- Keep in mind that you only give the path to the aforesaid feature, only if the feature is customized and ready.
- The instruction will pop-up, to complete the set up, you need only to follow the instructions.
- You finish the installation, Canon PIXMA IP1200 will proceed your command smoothly.
Procedure 3: To Setup Canon PIXMA IP1200 via Software CD
The setting up of Canon PIXMA IP1200 with Automatic Wizard/Software CD
Ensure You Have:
- DVD/CD drive should be installed on your computer.
- Check your printer package to find Canon PIXMA IP1200 software CD.
- You need the USB cable that you can find within the package.
Comply the below mentioned instructions to finish Canon PIXMA IP1200 setup with Software CD.
- Make sure that your devices PIXMA IP1200, and computer are ON.
- Before, it’s requested, connecting both devices using Canon PIXMA IP1200 are not allowed.
- Infix the Software CD of Canon PIXMA IP1200 to the computer DVD/CD drive. Follow the step-by-step instructions which are necessary for the setup.
- You can connect now the USB Cable of your printer Canon PIXMA IP1200 to your computer, when you are instructed to.
- It takes some time until PIXMA IP1200 USB cable is detected by your computer. Instructions for the installation will appear afterward, you have to execute each step to complete the installation.
- At the moment the installation is complete, you can print with your Canon PIXMA IP1200, immediately.
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
Driver & Software Download For Canon PIXMA
|Printer Driver For Windows 2000/XP (32-bit)||1.90d||8.4 MB||Download|
|Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module For Windows 7/Vista (32/64-bit)||1.10||4.1 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|PIXMA iP1200 / PIXMA iP1600 / PIXMA iP2200 – Quick Start Guide||CA.1.00||1.4 MB||Download|
|iP1200 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||10.51.2.0||11 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 2000)||2.9.5||2.7 MB||Download|
|Easy-LayoutPrint For Windows 2000/Vista/XP(32/64-bit)||1.03||36 MB||Download|
|Printer Driver for Mac OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5||4.83||7.5 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 2000)||3.2.0||43 MB||Download|
|Printer Driver for Mac OS X 10.5/10.6||10.26.0||11 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Printer Driver For Windows XP (64-bit)||1.90d||4.5 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|