Canon PIXMA IX6840 Free Driver Download
Canon PIXMA IX6840 Print professional documents and quality photos with this compact, stylish, wireless desktop printer.
Easy sharing with WiFi and Ethernet connectivity
5 Individually replaceable ink tanks
Ultra Fast Printing
A3 + Wireless Desktop Printer
Elegant and Ultra Compact, this A3 + high-performance printer with 5 individual ink tanks offers exceptional quality for printing your documents and photos. It is the ideal desktop solution for printing Excel spreadsheets, commercial posters and large format photos.
Benefiting from both Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity, it can be easily shared across multiple computers through a desktop network. Download the Canon print application to print from your smart devices. Apple AirPrint and Google Cloud Print are also supported.
The 5-tank system of individual ink includes pigmented black ink for high-clarity text and dye-based color inks for professional-quality images. It also guarantees a better performance because it is enough to change the ink exhausted.
No need to wait to get nice prints. Thanks to the fine technology of Canon, this printer offers a speed of printing A4 documents particularly fast, 14.5 ipm in black and white and 10.4 ipm in color, and is able to print a photo without margin of 10 × 15 cm of professional quality in 36 seconds.
Benefit from access to a wide range of professional-quality creative content by creating Park premium. Easily create and print posters and business documents using the templates offered by the exclusive Solution templates service.
Canon PIXMA IX6840 SPECIFICATIONS
- PRINTER SPECIFICATIONS
- Print Resolution Up to 9600¹ x 2400 dpi
- Print Technology 5 Individual Inks (PGBK, BK, C, M, Y),Inkjet FINE print head with 1pl (min.) ink droplet size,ChromaLife100+ inks
- Mono Print Speed Approx. 14.5 ipm¹
- Colour Print Speed Approx. 10.4 ipm¹
- Photo Print Speed Borderless 10x15cm: Approx. 36 seconds¹,A3+ Bordered: Approx. 120 seconds¹
- Borderless Printing Yes (A3+, A3, A4, LTR, LDR, 25x30cm, 20x25cm, 13x18cm, 10x15cm)
- Two Sided Printing Manual operation
- Standard Ink Cartridges PGI-450PGBK (Pigment Black),CLI-451BK (Black),CLI-451C (Cyan),CLI-451M (Magenta),CLI-451Y (Yellow)
- Optional XL Ink Cartridges PGI-455PGBK XXL (Pigment Black XXL),PGI-450PGBK XL (Pigment Black XL),CLI-451BK XL (Black XL),CLI-451C XL (Cyan XL),CLI-451M XL (Magenta XL),CLI-451Y XL (Yellow XL)
- PBK (Pigment Black) Standard: 375 document pages or 2,390 photos,Optional XL: 620 document pages or 4,720 photosOptional XXL: 1,000 document pages or 7,685 photos
- BK (Black) Standard: 1,645* document pages or 384 photos,Optional XL: 5,000* document pages or 845 photos
- C (Cyan) Standard: 337 document pages or 125 photos,Optional XL: 700 document pages or 283 photos
- M (Magenta)Standard: 324 document pages or 138 photos,Optional XL: 670 document pages or 340 photos
- Y (Yellow) Standard: 331 document pages 120 photos Optional XL: 700 document pages 293 photos
- Composite (CMY average)Standard CMY: 331 document pages or 127 photos,Optional XL CMY: 690 document pages or 303 photos
- Testing standards ISO/IEC 24711 for A4 colour document pages,ISO/IEC 29102 for 10x15cm colour borderless photos,Values obtained by continuous printing,* Estimated supplemental yield
- Paper Types Plain Paper,Envelopes (DL, COM10),Canon Pro Platinum (PT-101),Canon Pro Luster (LU-101),Canon Plus Glossy II (PP-201),Canon Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201),Canon Glossy Everyday Use (GP-501),Canon Matte (MP-101),Canon High Resolution Paper (HR-101N),Canon Photo Stickers (PS-101),Canon T-Shirt Transfer (TR-301)
- Maximum Paper Input Max. 150 sheets of plain paper,Max. 20 sheets of photo paper
- Paper Sizes A3+, A3, A4, A5, B4, B5, LTR, LGL, LDR, 25x30cm, 20x25cm, 13x18cm, 10x15cm
- Paper Weight Plain paper: 64 – 105 g/m²,Canon photo paper up to 300 g/m² (PT-101)
- Wired Connections Hi-Speed USB,Ethernet: 10/100Mbps (auto switchable)
- Wireless Connections Wi-Fi IEEE802.11 b/g/n¹Wireless LAN Frequency Band: 2.4GHz
- Applications Support Canon PRINT app¹,Apple AirPrint ,Google Cloud Print
- Supported Operating Systems Windows 10 (32 and 64-bit),Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista SP1 & SP2 / XP SP3 32-bit,Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- Supported Mobile Systems iOS (Canon PRINT app, AirPrint),Android (Canon PRINT app),Windows RT
- Minimum System Requirements Windows: Internet Explorer 8, internet connection or CD-ROM,Mac: Safari 5 and internet connection ,Display: 1024 x 768 XGA
- Software Included Printer driver,My Image Garden,Quick Menu,Easy-WebPrint EX (plug-in for IE8 or higher)
DisclaimersAll specifications subject to change without notice.Print speed may vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, page coverage, type of paper used etc.Ink yield may vary depending on texts/photos printed, applications software used, print mode and type of paper used. For more information see www.canon-europe.com/ink/yieldAll brand and product names are trademarks of their respective companies.FootnotesPrint Resolution – ¹ Ink droplets can be placed with a minimum pitch of 1/9600 inchMono Print Speed – ¹ Document print speed on plain paper is measured based on average of ESAT in Office Category Test of ISO/IEC 24734 standard.Colour Print Speed – ¹ Document print speed on plain paper is measured based on average of ESAT in Office Category Test of ISO/IEC 24734 standard.Photo Print Speed – ¹ Photo print speed is based on default driver setting using ISO/JIS-SCID N2 standard on Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II and does not take into account data processing time on host computer. A3+ Bordered: 11×14″ (28x35cm) image on A3+ size paper.Wireless Connections – ¹ Wi-Fi frequency band: 2.4GHz, Wi-Fi Security: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WEP, Administration passwordApplications Support – ¹ Canon PRINT app is Canon’s free application for smartphones and tablets. Not available in certain countries or regions.Power Consumption – ¹ When printing ISO/JIS-SCID N2 pattern on A3 size plain paper using default settings.Acoustic Noise Levels – ¹ When printing ISO/JIS-SCID N2 pattern on 10x15cm Photo Paper Plus Glossy II using default settings.
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 584 x 310 x 159 mm
- Weight 8.1 kg
- Power Source AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption Off: Approx. 0.3 W ,Standby (Wi-Fi connection to PC): Approx. 2.0 W,Standby (all ports connected): Approx. 2.4 W,Time to enter Standby mode: 2 minutes,Printing: Approx. 24 W¹
- Acoustic Noise Levels Approx. 44.0 dB(A)¹
- Recommended Operating Environment Temperature: 15-30°C,Humidity: 10-80%RH (no dew condensation)
- Duty Cycle up to 12,000 pages / month
Select from the driver list required for the download you can also choose your system to view only drivers that are compatible with your system.
Canon PIXMA IX6840 Operating System Compatibility:
Windows7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
Canon iX 6840 series (PDF) User Manual (Mac)01.024.8 MB~~~>>>Download
Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)V2.61.1 MB~~~>>>Download
Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)V2.61.1 MB~~~>>>Download
Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)V3.211 MB~~~>>>Download
Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)V3.211 MB~~~>>>Download
PIXMA iX6840 series Getting Started GuideV22.4 MB~~~>>>Download
Canon iX6840 series Getting Started GuideV23.1 MB~~~>>>Download
IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)04.1078 KB~~~>>>Download
PIXMA iX6840 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)01.0149 MB~~~>>>Download
PIXMA iX 6840 series Printer Driver For Windows XP (32-bit)01.0016 MB~~~>>>Download
Canon iX6840 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)0,26041666719 MB~~~>>>Download
PIXMA iX 6840 series Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)01.0116 MB~~~>>>Download
iX6840 series Full Driver & Software Package For (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6)01.0313 MB~~~>>>Download
Canon iX 6840 series CUPS Printer Driver For (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)16.10.0.016 MB~~~>>>Download
iX6840 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.6)11.7.1.017 MB~~~>>>Download
IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)04.107.3 MB~~~>>>Download
iX6840 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)04.101.7 MB~~~>>>Download
PIXMA iX 6840 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)04.101.6 MB~~~>>>Download
PIXMA iX6840 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows)01.026.4 MB~~~>>>Download
Canon PIXMA IX6840 Software & Driver Setup
Procedure 1: Driver Setup of Canon PIXMA IX6840 via Free Download
Through this procedure, the setup of Canon PIXMA IX6840 is performed with a so-called Automatic Wizard as you eliminate CD,
However you have to;
- Provide Canon PIXMA IX6840 software file or its driver setup, which you can download from the link below.
- Have USB cable is essential for its function to connect both the printer device and the computer. USB cable is available in the printer box.
Afterward, pay attention toward the steps below to setup Canon PIXMA IX6840
- Switch ON both Canon PIXMA IX6840 and your computer.
- Only if it is requested, you can connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA IX
- You can download the setup file, then install it anytime you want it by considering the step-by-step of the setup.
- Done with the setup, now you can pair Canon PIXMA IX6840 USB cable with your computer. The wizard then will proceed the USB cable to ensure that both devices are properly connected. Another step-by-step for the setup will appear.
- You have to follow the setup instructions to complete the setup.
- Finish with the setup, Canon PIXMA IX6840 is ready to use.
Procedure 2: To Setup Manually Canon PIXMA IX6840
Determine this procedure, “Add a printer” function that is an inbuilt feature of Windows is necessary.
Things to do:
- Download Canon PIXMA IX6840 software file, if you don’t have on your system. Rest assured, the link is available below.
- You need Canon PIXMA IX6840 USB cable to proceed the set up.
- Switch ON both Canon PIXMA IX6840 and your computer.
- Connect both devices above with Canon USB cable
- Prior the setup, you have to extract the downloaded file that is stored in TEMP folder.
- If your device operating system is XP, hit Fax and Printer” section. However, if you use Vista or Windows 7, find Control Panel, then hit “View Devices and Printer”.
- Move your mouse, then hit “Add a printer” feature.
- Keep in mind that you only give the path to the aforesaid feature, only if the feature is customized and ready.
- The instruction will pop-up, to complete the set up, you need only to follow the instructions.
- You finish the installation, Canon PIXMA IX6840 will proceed your command smoothly.
Procedure 3: To Setup Canon PIXMA IX6840 via Software CD
The setting up of Canon PIXMA IX6840 with Automatic Wizard/Software CD
Ensure You Have:
- DVD/CD drive should be installed on your computer.
- Check your printer package to find Canon PIXMA IX6840 software CD.
- You need the USB cable that you can find within the package.
Comply the below mentioned instructions to finish Canon PIXMA IX6840 setup with Software CD.
- Make sure that your devices Canon PIXMA IX6840 , and computer are ON.
- Before, it’s requested, connecting both devices using Canon PIXMA IX6840 are not allowed.
- Infix the Software CD of Canon PIXMA IX6840 to the computer DVD/CD drive. Follow the step-by-step instructions which are necessary for the setup.
- You can connect now the USB Cable of your printer Canon PIXMA IX6840 to your computer, when you are instructed to.
- It takes some time until Canon PIXMA IX6840 USB cable is detected by your computer. Instructions for the installation will appear afterward, you have to execute each step to complete the installation.
- At the moment the installation is complete, you can print with your Canon PIXMA IX6840 , immediately.