All-in-one machines are getting cheaper all the time, yet the new PIXMA MP160, gone for the begin of September, establishes some type of record for Canon, with a road price of under ₤ 45. Even with this low asking price, you’re obtaining a functional phone, based upon a four-colour print engine.
This is a considerable maker for an entry-level multifunction. It’s likewise soundly manufactureded, from its pull-up paper assistance at the rear, to its fold-down paper result tray at the front. It requirements no telescopic section to this tray, as the print mechanism is set well back into the all-in-one.
The small, neatly set out control board has just a couple of features, however these are well selected. On the right, there are black & white and colour copy switches, as well as one to terminate works, while straightforward Scan as well as Fit to Web page switches enhance them on the left. Some indications reveal paper jam as well as low ink in black and also colour cartridges as well as in the centre of the panel is a single-digit, brilliant orange LCD present and a column of some red flags for paper size and kind.
The single-character display is smartly used, not just to show the variety of copies picked in between one and nine but also to indicate active, head positioning and cam connected conditions. While it could not be as clear as a 16-character LCD display, it’s one of the few giving ins to the machine’s low price.
There are no flash memory card slots, but because there is no LCD present this is rarely unusual. There is a Pict Bridge socket, however, so you can still publish from an electronic camera. A solitary USB outlet at the rear is the only link to a COMPUTER.
Lift the surprisingly small scanner area of the device as well as it increases on a blue ‘hood support’ show off to supply accessibility to the print cartridges. The equipment uses a solitary black and a tri-colour cartridge as well as you could buy these in basic or high return versions. You glide them back into the print head and also raise to click them into placement.
Software program bundled with the PIXMA MP160 covers all facets of its procedure, with OCR for message scanning from the Get in touch with Image Sensor (CIS) scanner, Canon’s own Easy Image and also Easy Internet Print and photo editing and enhancing with ArcSoft’s PhotoStudio.
Canon PIXMA MP160 Specifications
- Printing Approach
- Color Blister Jet
- Print Rate (up to).
- Black:22 ppm (approx. 2.8 secs each page) 1.
- Color:17 ppm (approx. 3.5 secs each web page) 1.
- 4 x 6 borderless image: approx. 52 seconds1.
- Variety of Nozzles.
- Black: 320.
- Color: 384 x 3 (CMY).
- Print Resolution (As much as).
- Black:600 x 600 dpi2.
- Shade:4800 x 1200 dpi2.
- Paper Sizes.
- Letter, Legal, Credit Card, (2.13 x 3.39), 4 x 6, 4 x 8, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, UNITED STATE # 10 Envelopes, Picture Stickers.
- Replicate Speed (up to).
- Black: 22 cpm.
- Color: 17 cpm color.
- Shade Record: approx. 53 secs.
- 4 x 6 borderless image: approx. 1 min. 46 secs.
- Copy Attributes.
- Numerous Copy: 1-9 or 20 web pages.
- Numerous Copy.
- Checking Component.
- 600 x 1200 dpi (Optical).
- 19,200 x 19,200 dpi (Inserted).
- Color Depth.
- 48-bit internal.
- Max. Record Size.
- 8.5 x 11.7.
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed3.
- Straight Publish Port.
Canon PIXMA MP160 Software & Driver Setup
Procedure 1: Driver Setup of Canon PIXMA MP160 via Free Download
Through this procedure, the setup of Canon PIXMA MP160 is performed with a so-called Automatic Wizard as you eliminate CD,
However you have to;
- Provide Canon PIXMA MP160 software file or its driver setup, which you can download from the link below.
- Have USB cable is essential for its function to connect both the printer device and the computer. USB cable is available in the printer box.
Afterward, pay attention toward the steps below to setup Canon PIXMA MP160
- Switch ON both Canon PIXMA MP160 and your computer.
- Only if it is requested, you can connect the USB cable of PIXMA MP160.
- You can download the setup file, then install it anytime you want it by considering the step-by-step of the setup.
- Done with the setup, now you can pair Canon PIXMA MP160 USB cable with your computer. The wizard then will proceed the USB cable to ensure that both devices are properly connected. Another step-by-step for the setup will appear.
- You have to follow the setup instructions to complete the setup.
- Finish with the setup, Canon PIXMA MP160 is ready to use.
Procedure 2: To Setup Manually Canon PIXMA MP160
Determine this procedure, “Add a printer” function that is an inbuilt feature of Windows is necessary.
Things to do:
- Download Canon PIXMA MP160 software file, if you don’t have on your system. Rest assured, the link is available below.
- You need Canon PIXMA MP160 USB cable to proceed the set up.
- Switch ON both Canon PIXMA MP160 and your computer.
- Connect both devices above with Canon PIXMA USB cable
- Prior the setup, you have to extract the downloaded file that is stored in TEMP folder.
- If your device operating system is XP, hit “Fax and Printer” section. However, if you use Vista or Windows 7, find Control Panel, then hit “View Devices and Printer”.
- Move your mouse, then hit “Add a printer” feature.
- Keep in mind that you only give the path to the aforesaid feature, only if the feature is customized and ready.
- The instruction will pop-up, to complete the set up, you need only to follow the instructions.
- You finish the installation, Canon PIXMA MP160 will proceed your command smoothly.
Procedure 3: To Setup Canon PIXMA MP160 via Software CD
The setting up of Canon PIXMA MP160 with Automatic Wizard/Software CD
Ensure You Have:
- DVD/CD drive should be installed on your computer.
- Check your printer package to find Canon PIXMA MP160 software CD.
- You need the USB cable that you can find within the package.
Comply the below mentioned instructions to finish Canon PIXMA MP160 setup with Software CD.
- Make sure that your devices PIXMA MP160, and computer are ON.
- Before, it’s requested, connecting both devices using Canon PIXMA MP160 are not allowed.
- Infix the Software CD of Canon PIXMA MP160 to the computer DVD/CD drive. Follow the step-by-step instructions which are necessary for the setup.
- You can connect now the USB Cable of your printer Canon PIXMA MP160 to your computer, when you are instructed to.
- It takes some time until PIXMA MP160 USB cable is detected by your computer. Instructions for the installation will appear afterward, you have to execute each step to complete the installation.
- At the moment the installation is complete, you can print with your Canon PIXMA MP160, immediately.
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
Driver & Software Download For Canon PIXMA
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 2000 (32-bit)||2.9.5||2.7 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP x64/2000/Me/98)||3.03||9.5 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator (Mac OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7)||3.0.4||14 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP x64/2000/Me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 2000 (32-bit)||3.2.0||43 MB||Download|
|MP160 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7)||10.51.2.0||9.7 MB||Download|
|MP160 Scanner Driver (Mac OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7)||12.13.3||5.8 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Mac OS X 10.5/10.6)||1.1.0||9.8 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|MP160 On-screen Manual (Mac OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7)||2.00a||24 MB||Download|